Suicide within the first 12 months of coverage.
Pre-Existing Conditions for which the Member received medical treatment, diagnosis, consultation or prescribed drugs during the ninety (90) days preceding the effective date of his coverage, unless the Member affected by these conditions has been insured under the Policy continuously for twelve (12) months, subject to conditions specified in the Policy Schedule.
Pre-existing conditions are defined as illnesses or conditions that, prior to the Effective date of member’s coverage:
a) any professional advice or treatment was given for such illness or condition;
b) such illness or condition was in any way evident to the Member; or
c) the development of such illness or condition started whether or not the Member is aware of such illness or condition.
- Investigation and treatment relating to pregnancy
- Conditions related to sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS and AIDS Related Complex.
- Alternative therapies such as (but not limited to) Acupuncture, Acupressure, Chiropractic, Reflexology, etc.
- Outpatient prescribed medicines, Vitamins/Supplements, etc.
- Treatment of injuries/illnesses caused directly or indirectly by engaging in any extreme and professional sports except for activities under company-sponsored sports activities.
- Infectious diseases (i.e. Avian Flu, Meningococcemia, etc.) that are declared epidemic or pandemic by the Department of Health, World Health Organization or any recognized health authority.