How we collect data
The personal data we collect includes all personal information that you directly share or through your representatives or produced by us in relation to your application for insurance and your insurance policy (which includes sensitive personal data as defined under relevant applicable laws and regulations). This includes, among others, the following:
- Identity information – name, address, personal contact details (including email address and telephone numbers); and
- Financial information – details of your policies including face amount, documents showing proof of funds or source wealth, account numbers, value of your policy, bank statements, etc.,
- Medical information necessary for underwriting, servicing, or processing surrender or claims on the insurance policy
- Other personal data you provided to us in the insurance application, servicing or claims forms in relation to the policy
Why we collect your personal data and how it may be used?
- To process, administer, implement and effect the requests or transactions contemplated by the forms available on our website or any other documents you may submit to us from time to time;
- To process applications that may involve automatic decision making and profiling, mainly designed for efficiency purposes;
- To design new or enhance existing products and services provided by us;
- To communicate with you including to send you administrative communications about any account you may have with us or about future changes to this privacy statement
- For statistical or actuarial research undertaken by AIA Philippines, the financial services industry or our respective regulators;
- For data matching, internal business and administrative purposes;
- To assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities and to meet requirements imposed by applicable laws and regulations or other obligations committed to government or regulatory authorities or their duly designated third party service providers;
- To personalize the appearance of our websites, provide recommendations of relevant products and provide targeted advertising on our website or through other channels;
- Other purposes as notified at the time of collection; and
- Other legitimate purposes directly or indirectly relating to any of the above.
For our policy on use of your personal data for promotional or marketing purposes, please see the section entitled “Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes”.
How we protect your personal data?
- Access rights to any personal data is granted on a need-to-know basis. Access rights granted are reviewed annually.
- Unmasked personal data should be encrypted according to the Cryptography Standard when transmitted over unsecured network.
- Outsourcing arrangement on data storage, processing or hosting should be approved by Group Information Security via the Third Party Security Assessment (TPSA) process before a contract is awarded.
- Data encryption at rest is required to protect the data according to the data classification.
- Personal data should be removed from computers, laptops, mobile devices when they are no longer required.
- Data storage media to be disposed or remove from AIA should be sanitized.
Who may be provided with your personal data?
- Any person authorized to act as an agent of AIA Philippines in relation to the distribution of products and services offered by AIA Philippines;
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider (within or outside AIA Philippines) who provides administration, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection or securities clearing, technology outsourcing, call center services, mailing and printing services in connection with the operation of AIA Philippines' business and AIA Philippines' provision of services to you;
- Any member company of AIA Philippines in relation to the provision or marketing of insurance services;
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider (within or outside AIA Philippines) including companies that help deliver our services, such as reinsurance companies, investment management companies, claims investigation companies, industry associations or federations, the Medical Information Bureau (MIB);
- Other companies that help gather your information or communicate with you, such as research companies and ratings agencies, in order to enhance the services we provide to you; and
- Government or regulatory bodies or any person to whom AIA Philippines company must disclose data: (a) under a legal and/or regulatory obligation in that jurisdiction applicable to that particular AIA Philippines company; or (b) pursuant to an agreement between the AIA Philippines company and the relevant government, regulatory body or other person.
Access rights to personal data
- Verify whether AIA Philippines holds any personal data about you and to access any such data;
- Require AIA Philippines to correct any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
- Enquire about AIA Philippines' policies and practices in relation to personal data.
- Access, correction or other queries relating to your personal data
- Suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from the Company's filing system as may be allowed by provisions of the Data Privacy Act and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
- Object to the processing of your personal data as allowed by the provisions of the Data Privacy Act and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
AIA Philippines has the right to charge costs which are directly related to and necessary for the processing of any personal data access request.
Use of personal data for direct marketing purposes
Amendments to this privacy statement
AIA Philippines Life and General Insurance Company
(formerly Philam Life Tower)
Paseo De Roxas, Makati City 1226
(+63) 998 581 9450